Hello, I'm Iva. I work with companies

to expand their innovation capabilities

through Design Thinking.

based in

Experience Design

Team lead @Emakina Belgium

Currently, I lead a needs-driven, multidisciplinary team at Emakina Belgium, comprised of UX Designers, Service Designers, Content Designers, XD/UX Researchers, and Design Strategists.

We prioritize aligning our clients' business objectives with the genuine needs of their users. This alignment allows us to craft compelling value propositions and meaningful brand experiences.

The outcome? Products and services that profoundly enhance users' lives, enabling them to achieve more and feel deeper emotions.

In collaboration with our clients, we facilitate a guided journey rooted in Design Thinking. This approach not only creates tangible value but also fosters growth, enriching both their brand and their business.

Encouraging my clients to find the sweet spot between:
- their business goals
- their customers' and stakeholders' needs
- and available technology

to stand out in their industry, and steal the spotlight of others.


LegalHackers Brussels and Designful Innovations communities will join forces together to talk about data protection and privacy form three angles: legal, tech and design.
Venue: Betacowork. Brussels
Date: October 23rd, 2019


Four-hour masterclass to learn about design thinking and how you can use this approach to design better employee experiences.
Venue: Up Training Club. Barcelona
Date: October 11th, 2019


I will facilitate a session to empower value propositions through prototyping in the Amsterdam Capital House. A house for growth that will open their doors to 500 daily house guests during those dates.
Venue: Capital C. Amsterdam
Date: September 23rd, 2019


We will talk about how technology is shifting our behavior, dealing creatively with facing fears and understanding of big data.
Venue: TAG. Madrid
Date: July 25th 2019

I have also presented this conference in Google TechMaker Madrid to celebrate more women in tech.

my principles



Understanding the context and the situation we want to improve, identifying the key jobs-to-be-done for the users involved. What are they trying to achieve?

Test to think

Empirical mindset

Defining hypothesis to further (in)validate them through design research. Prototype, test, learn, iterate. Are we adding true value to the users?

Dreamer soul


Pushing the boundaries of the ordinary, the common-space, making our clients stand-out. How can we make you different?

Maker spirit

Intentional attitude

A good value proposition is only 10% of the work. The rest 90% is flawless execution. An idea is just an intention. How can we make it happen?

AJ & Smart & Jake Knapp

Design Sprints 2.0 (updated version)
June 2019


Prototyping for Digital Experiences
June 2019

Service Design Show

The Perfect Journey Map
February 2019


Designing a Business
December 2018


Leading for Creativity
June 2016

Tim Clark

Business Model You
May 2016

Univ. of Virginia Darden School of Business

Design Thinking for Business Innovation
March 2015

Aula Radio

Radio Broadcaster
September 2011




Iva is an Electronic Engineer with a Master of Science in Mobile Communications and a Postgraduate degree in Audiovisual Interactivity (Transmedia storytelling). With over ten years of experience in the tech industry, she has a proven track record of leveraging technology to create meaningful experiences for her clients.
As an Innovation and Design Strategist, Iva is skilled in applying Design Thinking to various industries, including SaaS, Pharma, FMCG, Travel, Shopping malls, Hospitality, Banking, Fintech, and eCommerce. She has expertise in uncertainty management, prototyping, and iteration processes and is skilled in stakeholder management.
As a practitioner who has reinvented herself through hands-on learning activities, she has a passion for helping her clients achieve their goals through the power of design. 
She likes to say that she works from Design Thinking toward Design feelings.

Since 2020

Working at Emakina Belgium as Design Strategist, leading the Experience Design team.

Iva Pérez